How to connect Macbook to Printer wirelessly
How Do I get my Mac to Recognize Wireless Printer and setup?
Printers have become a very important and integral part of everyone’s lives. These devices are such that they print hard copies of images, documents, etc based on the commands. Also, several printer companies compete with each other and offer the best service possible. And it is a known fact that with the advancement in technology, printer companies have been advanced and have updated their printers. With the latest technology in the market, there are now printers who are wireless and can be connected with computers with the help of wifi. So, if you have recently purchased a Mac and want to know how to connect Macbook to the printer wirelessly then you shall refer to the information in this article. In this article, you can easily come to know how to connect and use a wireless printer. But, before that, you need to set up a printer with a Macintosh laptop and for that, you can read further.
Learning How to Set up a Wireless Printer with a Mac!
It is necessary to set up your printer with Mac and then proceed to connect with it. So, you can follow the steps below.
- From the printer’s built-in control, select the wifi network that you can connect with. You will be asked to enter the password as wifi can be protected.
- And then you need to install the printer driver from the CD that came handy with your printer. But, in case you didn't get a CD then you can take the help of the official website of your printer.
- Now select “System Preferences” from the doc and select the “Print and Fax” control panel.
- Pick the IP tab from the top of the pop-up window and select Internet Protocol IPP.
- Enter the wireless printer’s IP address and queue name.
- Choose the correct printer from the Printer drop-down menu and then tap the “Add” button to finish setting up the printer.
Hence, with the help of the above steps, Mac can recognize wireless printers. Now, after adding the printer, you can follow the steps below to know how to connect Macbook to printer wirelessly without hassle.
Now Connect Your Printer with Mac Wirelessly!
- Open AirPort Utility from the Utility folder of the Application folder.
- Select the base station in your Utility and enter the password.
- From the menu bar, tap base station and then tap “Add Printer”.
- Select PIN as the type of WPS connection and then tap “Continue”.
- Enter the printer’s PIN that is listed in the printer’s document. When the printer’s MAC address is displayed in front of you, tap “Click”.
- Quit AirPort Utility.
And after you enter the wifi then you can easily connect your Printer with Mac. so, with the help of the above steps on how to connect Macbook to printer wirelessly, you can connect it without hassle.
However, if the printer you have does not support Airprint then you may need to install the printer driver. And this can be done as mentioned below.
- Click the name of the printer from the Mac control panel.
- Now click “Add” such that it downloads printer drivers from Apple servers.
- When the download is completed, you need to click “Add” again to add your printer.
So, in case your printer does not support Airprint then also you will be getting the answer on how to connect Macbook to printer wirelessly.
Contacting Customer Support!
If a user still is unable to connect his printer wirelessly then he can get in touch with respective customer support. This customer support will be helping users in need round the clock.