How to fix blue screen of death error?
Check out the detailed guide to fix blue screen error with Windows
Indeed, the services and features offered by Windows are the finest, but there are times when users might need to face some technical glitches while accessing some applications and services. Well, there are multiple issues that one can encounter while accessing the Windows, still, blue screen error is something which has caused trouble to most of the users. So, for the users who are encountering this problem, they can check out the information provided in this article and resolve this issue in time.
What exactly is the blue screen error with Windows?
For the users who are not aware, the Blue screen of death or stop error is something that can appear on the computer screen at the time of updating the new OS, at the time of starting the computer, or because of some technical glitch at the time of using Windows. Well, a complete blue screen and sad face cannot help one to fix this error in time.
Hence, to help users fix blue screen of death here, they will be offered the common causes behind this error and some of the effective solutions to fix this error in time to access uninterrupted Window services.
Cause of blue screen error with Windows
Well, there are multiple reasons that can lead to the Blue screen of death error, but some of the common reasons behind this error include the following:
- Issues with the computer hardware or the hardware driver software.
- Because of the low-level software running in Windows
- Power supply problems
- Overheating of components
- Bugs in the operating system
Apart, from the listed reasons, multiple reasons can lead to the blue screen of death windows 10. So, to help out the users with this error, here are some of the effective solutions that one can try to resolve this error in time.
Fixing blue screen error with Windows
A) Fixing blue screen error during an update
Many users might run into blue screen error at the time of upgrading their Windows. In most cases, the Blue screen of death error is caused because of the third-party application or the antivirus installed on the device. So, to resolve this error at the time of upgrading the Windows, the user can follow the listed steps:
1. Uninstall the application
Removing an incompatible software can help in fixing this error. So, for the users who are looking for the information on how to fix blue screen of death windows 10, they can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Settings app and click on the System option.
- Click on the Apps and features option.
- Further, pick the app that needs to be removed and click on the Uninstall button.
- After that, follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the process.
After the Windows is updated, then the user can reinstall the applications again.
2. Disconnect the non-essential hardware
Another way to fix a blue screen is by removing the non-essential hardware attached to the device like printers, phones, external hardware, and more. It is suggested that one removes these devices during the update process to avoid this error.
3. Again download the update files
There are chances that the user might be facing blue screen error because of the damaged setup files. So, in such cases, the user can try to re-download the update files and check if the issue is fixed or not. Before reinstalling the updated files, it is required that the user remove the already downloaded files by using the disk cleanup tool and check if the error is fixed or not.
B) Fixing blue screen error during boot
For the users who are looking for solutions on how to fix blue screen of death windows 10, they can follow the listed solutions to fix this error by updating the drivers.
1. Installing the latest device drivers
For the users who are getting blue screen error because of an outdated device driver, they can follow the listed steps:
- Press the Windows button with X to open the user menu.
- Now, click on the device manager and expand the device causing the issue.
- Further, highlight the particular device and look at the select update driver option.
- Then, select the search update automatically.
2. Uninstalling the software installed
- To remove the incompatible software, the user needs to open the Settings section.
- Further, click on the system and select the Apps and features option.
- Then, pick that app that needs to be uninstalled and follow the instructions provided on the screen.
C) Fixing blue screen while booting without desktop access
For the users who don’t have access to their desktop, they can trigger their computers to open a repair environment and follow the listed steps.
- On the choose option section, click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, click on the Advanced option and opt for the system restore option.
- After the system reboots, the user can sign-in to their account and click on Next.
- Then, users can install the updates and the required drivers.
- Further, once the process is completed, the user can click on the Finish button to complete the process.