AOL Account Recovery Steps
What is the process of AOL Account Recovery?
AOL is the online service provider that provides wonderful services to millions of users using it. this is the reason that they are always frustrated when they are locked out of their account. It is because they are known for the fact what they might be missing when they cannot log in to their email account. You can recover your account by two methods.
Recovery of the AOL account:
AOL account recovery can also be done when you are missing out on your phone number or email address that is associated with your account. Well, in this article, you will get to understand both of these methods.
Recovery with phone number:
- The first step is to go to the login page and type the username.
- Then, click Next and select the “Forgot password” option. Click on Next again.
- Now, you have to type the phone number associated with your AOL account and then again tap on Next.
- AOL will require the verification code to confirm the identity. You can choose the option of text message or call.
- Once you receive the code, you have to enter it in the code field. Again, click on Next.
- Now, you have to enter the new password and then save the password.
Recovery of AOL with Email:
- The users can also choose the method of an email account.
- You have to simply select the email option to get the reset link on your recovery email address.
- Tap on Next. This will prompt the system to send an email to the email address that is provided by you at the time of account creation.
- The next step is to click on close.
- You have to now open the alternative email account and look for the password reset link. "Request to change your password".
- The next step is to click on the button “Reset password” or link in the email.
- On the page that will open by clicking on the link, you have to type your new password.
- And after that Click on Save.
- The last step is to click on Save. This will save your changes.
We hope now you have understood the process of AOL account recovery. You can also contact the customer care executives for this.
How to recover deactivate AOL account:
The need for reactivation of the AOL account is when you take up a subscription and after using it, you forget to get it reactivated. In AOL, the users take the subscription and then they forget about it or ignore it. Then, they forget using the services and as a result, they forget to renew the subscription of AOL and so the account is deactivated. AOL account recovery is explained above and now we are here with the process of reactivating the account. Let us see the steps:
- The users can reactivate the paid subscription and can also change the existing plan of the AOL account.
- The users can also cancel the previous subscription that has been taken for the AOL account.
- The premium subscription can also be cancelled anytime.