AOL Account Recovery Steps
How do I recover my AOL account?
AOL is the online service provider that provides wonderful services to millions of users using it. This is the reason that they are always frustrated when they are locked out of their account. It is because they are known for the fact what they might be missing when they cannot log in to their email account. You can recover your account by two methods.
AOL account recovery can also be done when you are missing out on your phone number or email address that is associated with your account. Well, in this article, you will get to understand both of these methods.
How to recover AOL account with phone number:
- The first step is to go to the login page and type the username.
- Then, click next and select the “Forgot password” option. Click on Next again.
- Now, you have to type the phone number associated with your AOL account and then again tap on Next.
- AOL will require the verification code to confirm the identity. You can choose the option of text message or call.
- Once you receive the code, you have to enter it in the code field. Again, click on Next.
- Now, you have to enter the new password and then save the password and complete AOL account recovery procedure.
AOL Account recovery with email:
- The users can also choose the method of an email account.
- You have to simply select the email option to get the reset link on your recovery email address.
- Tap on Next. This will prompt the system to send an email to the email address that is provided by you at the time of account creation.
- The next step is to click on close.
- You have to now open the alternative email account and look for the password reset link. "Request to change your password".
- The next step is to click on the button “Reset AOL password” or link in the email.
- On the page that will open by clicking on the link, you have to type your new password.
- And after that Click on Save.
- The last step is to click on Save in the procedure of AOL account recovery with email. This will save your changes.
We hope now you have understood the process of AOL account recovery. You can also contact the customer care executives for this.
How do I recover my AOL account without a phone number?
If you have an AOL account which you lost access of and not only that you not having a registered phone number with your account acts as a cherry on the cake. No worries, you can easily go for AOL account recovery without the help of a phone number, in the below mentioned ways;
- Open your web browser and visit the official login [page of AOL.
- A prompt will be shown which will ask you to input your username.
- Input your correct username and click on ‘Next’
- Once you do, the password section will be shown.
- Click on the ‘I Forgot my password’ section.
- Once you do, it will ask you to choose an alternative method.
- As you haven’t added your phone number or you cannot use it, choose the alternative email address.
- Open your alternative email address on another tab.
- Check your important mail section as the one time verification code is always sent to that section.
- Copy the code and paste it on the verification page of AOL.
- Click on ‘Continue’ after that.
- Once you input the exact code, you’ll be redirected to a page where you set a new password.
- You can set a new password, make sure to use a combination of Uppercase, Lowercase and Special characters.
- Close all the webpage and try to login again.
Thus, with the help of above mentioned ways one can easily resolve the query of How do I reset my AOL password without phone number in a hassle free manner.
How do I recover AOL account without recovery email?
If you need to recover AOL account without the help of your recovery email address, you can easily do so with the help of the below mentioned steps;
- Open the official login page of AOL on your web browser.
- In the username section, input your correct email address and click on ‘Next’
- The following page will ask you to input your password.
- Click on ‘I forgot my password’ just below the password section.
- Once you do, it will show a prompt stating a half phone number with asterisks.
- That, whether or not you have access to this phone number.
- You might have added this number the day you created your account.
- Click on ‘Yes, text me a verification code’
- Make sure that you’ve got bars on your phone and it is handy.
- Input the exact code you received on the verification page of AOL and click on Continue.
- You’ll be redirected to a page where you can change your password.
- Use a good password with the combination of Special, Uppercase and Lower characters.
- Input the password twice and click on ‘Continue’
- Just to make sure, close all the WebPages and try to login to your AOL account on a fresh webpage with the help of your changed password.
- You can easily gain access to your account again.
- Make sure that this time you fill up the alternative information department completely for situations like these.
Thus, with the help of the above mentioned steps one can easily resolve the query of How do I reset my AOL password without recovery email.
Can I recover deactivate AOL Account?
The need for reactivation of the AOL account is when you take up a subscription and after using it, you forget to get it reactivated. In AOL, the users take the subscription and then they forget about it or ignore it. Then, they forget using the services and as a result, they forget to renew the subscription of AOL and so the account is deactivated. AOL account recovery is explained above and now we are here with the process of reactivating the account. Let us see the steps:
- The users can reactivate the paid subscription and can also change the existing plan of the AOL account.
- The users can also cancel the previous subscription that has been taken for the AOL account.
How do I reset my AOL password without resetting it?
If you wish to get access to your AOL account without resetting your password you can easily do so either by going into the password manager section of your history and figuring out your password from that page or by inputting the card information on the forgot password page of AOL and verifying it is you who is trying to gain access to the account. AOL account recovery can be then done in a hassle free manner.